Adrifort arises from the awareness of the value represented by the fortified heritage in the coastal Adriatic area, as resource able to give benefits both at social and economic level.
The Project aims at creating a new model of Governance of cultural heritage, through the involvement of private investors, and a network of authorities able to manage the fortified heritage, by turning the activity into a tool of economic development of surrounding areas.

The project is based on capacity building, and it focuses on the development of a common operative method able to support institutions in the management of the reuse of Adriatic fortress heritage, a strategic asset for the development of the whole area.

The project aims at suggesting effective ideas and applicable solutions that can be transferred to other contexts and cultural heritages existing in the whole Adriatic area. The Project also aims at creating synergies between European strategies, such as Gothenburg and Lisbon Strategies, Europa 2020, the European Agenda for culture and the European Spatial Development Planning (ESDP).

ADRIFORT network includes a series of working tools open to everyone for a real European shared knowledge: a map of Adriatic Fortresses, a visual laboratory, a cross border documentation center, many territorial workshops, this web site and periodical newsletters.

Duration: October 2012 – March 2015

Budget:: 2.169.621,48 Euro (the 85% of which will be financed by IPA funds, the remaining 15% by national resources)

This website has been produced with the financial assistance of the IPA Adriatic Cross-Border Cooperation Programme. The contents of this website are the sole responsibility of the Veneto Region and can under no circumstances be regarded as reflecting the position of the IPA Adriatic Cross-Border Cooperation Programme Authorities.
The project is co-funded by the European Union, Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance - © Copyright ADRIFORT 2014